Dr Jan Tibor Lelley is a Partner at Buse Heberer Fromm in the firm’s Essen and Frankfurt am Main office and he is a member of Buse Heberer Fromm’s Practice Group Employment. Dr Jan Tibor Lelley works exclusively on labour and employment law cases. He holds an LL.M. in International Business Law from Suffolk University Law School and is admitted to the bar as certified specialist for labour and employment law (Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht). The State Bar of California appointed him as Foreign Legal Consultant.
With more than 20 years of professional experience, he advises employers and HR executives on a full range of HR-related legal issues. Key areas of his practice include design of employment agreements, co-determination at the workplace, union and works council controlling, HR-focused corporate restructuring, data privacy and social media at the workplace. Dr Jan Tibor Lelley regularly lectures on the topic of human resources best practice, and authors numerous articles in legal journals and the business press.
He represents national and international clients from a broad variety of industries. Among them are many market leaders in the field of financial services, information technology, hospitality, automotive and life science. Besides his out of court practice another important area is his in-court representation including litigation in front of the Federal Labor Court and the European Court of Justice.
Dr. Lelley is recommended by the legal press as one of the eminent European management side employment advisors and Who’s Who Legal voted him since 2016 under the world’s Leading Labour, Employment & Benefits Lawyers. In 2019 Who’s Who Legal included him in Thought Leaders – Labour & Employment Law.
- American Bar Association, Section of Labor and Employment Law
- Deutscher Arbeitsgerichtsverband e.V.
- Deutsch-Israelische Juristenvereinigung
- European Employment Lawyers Association
- International Bar Association, Labor Law Section
- Deutsch-Amerikanische Gesellschaft Steuben-Schurz e.V.
- Freunde und Förderer des Leo Baeck Instituts e.V.
- NGO Transparency International Deutschland e.V., ehrenamtlicher Leiter der Regionalgruppe Ruhrgebiet
- Emerging global human resource dynamics: Discussion on key challenges, New Delhi 2012 (zusammen mit Francis Xavier – Rajah & Tann LLP, Richard D. Emmerson – Soewito Suhardiman, Jeffrey Wilson – Jun He Law Offices, Alec Emmerson – Clyde & Co., Vijayan Venugopal – Shearn Delamore & Co., Val Gostencnik – Corrs Chambers).
- Implementing Downsizing for Multi-National Companies, Association of Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting, San Antonio 2010 (zusammen mit Stephen Hirschfeld, Curiale Hirschfeld Kraemer und Sivabalah Nadarajah, Shearn Delamore & Co.).
- Ensuring Global Employment Law Compliance, Northern Californian HR Association, San Francisco 2010 (zusammen mit Tracy Preston Pole, Compliance Officer Levi Strauss & Co; Stephen Hirschfeld, Curiale Hirschfeld Kraemer LLP; Ajay Raghavan, Trilegal).
- Compliance & Personalarbeit, HR-Fachmesse Zukunft Personal, Köln 2008.
- Restrictions on Employees’ Individual Freedom, Whistleblowing and other Privacy Issues, American Bar Association Meeting – International Labor Law Committee, Wien 2006.
- Das neue Antidiskriminierungsrecht – Abendforum Arbeitsrecht der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Personalführung e.V., Düsseldorf 2006.
- The International Use of Human Resources, American Bar Association Meeting – International Labor Law Committee, Berlin 2002
- Regelmäßige arbeitsrechtliche Seminare und Schulungen bei unternehmens- und konzerninterner Führungskräfteausbildung.