Detlef Kuhlen is a Partner at BUSE. Based on his previous professional experience, his practice is focused on advising fund initiators and institutional investors on the following matters:
- comprehensive advice in the approval procedure of the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin),
- legal design and structuring of funds,
- aspects of corporate law,
- regulatory framework for institutional investors (AnlV, Solvency II),
- current monitoring of compliance with supervisory and regulatory requirements, including compliance,
- real estate law.
In order to ensure that his clients obtain comprehensive, seamless and commercially sound services, Detlef Kuhlen involves subject-matter experts in the area of tax advice.
Prior to his legal practice, Detlef Kuhlen had started his career as counsel at VICTORIA Insurance (later part of ERGO Versicherungsgruppe AG). As in-house counsel, Detlef Kuhlen served as Deputy Head of the group’s legal department (responsible for corporate & M&A). Later on, he became Managing Director of ERGO Trust GmbH, the financial services subsidiary of the ERGO Versicherungsgruppe AG. In this role, he also served as Managing Director in fund entities, investing predominantly in real estate, private equity and high-yield bonds in Europe, the US and Asia.