Dr. Andreas Lang is a partner at BUSE and works extensively in the field of restructuring law and insolvency advice. In restructuring law, he primarily advises small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), sole proprietorships and freelancers, in particular in crisis and insolvency, in drafting contracts and in legal disputes with insolvency administrators (namely in insolvency appeals), debtors and clients. He continuously advises companies, corporate bodies, shareholders and creditors before, during and after a crisis on insolvency, corporate and employment law as well as on the law of credit securities.
He also has many years of practical experience in distressed M&A mandates (sale and purchase of companies in crisis). Dr. Andreas Lang’s transaction advice on both the seller and buyer side includes structured M&A processes, including due diligence, contract drafting and negotiation.
He is also involved in advising and representing clients in court in individual and collective employment law, particularly in crisis situations, including the drafting of social compensation plans and reconciliations of interests. He regularly advises clients in connection with the resignation of board members and managing directors.
In the field of corporate law, his work focuses on assisting with restructurings, shareholder disputes and defending against claims for restitution and liability claims against the company management.
In criminal law, he takes on mandates from corporate bodies, shareholders and managing directors in insolvency and white-collar criminal law.
As a specialist lawyer for insolvency and restructuring law, Dr. Andreas Lang has been working for BUSE in Stuttgart since 2021 and has been co-leader of the practice group “Restructuring – Reorganization – Insolvency” since 2022. Previously, he held various positions in other commercial law firms since 2002.
Areas of Activity
- Advice and support for creditors in insolvency proceedings and crisis situations
- Advice and support for companies, executive bodies and shareholders in reorganisations and insolvencies
- Advice and design of social plans and reconciliation of interests, also in crisis situations
- Advice and support in the acquisition and sale of companies, in particular in times of crisis (distressed M&A)
- Advice and support when board members and managing directors leave the company
- Ongoing advice and support in corporate law, in particular restructuring, shareholder disputes, and liability avoidance/ defence
- Ongoing advice and support in civil and commercial law